I went to Haiti on the 15th of February, 2010 to see my family and to investigate the situation there.

You can help us raise funds by purchasing a clear glass heart at:

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Preparing for the trip

Today, finally I have finished all the preparations for my trip to Haiti. Flights booked, (I'll be going via the Dominican Republic and bus it to Petionville) Hotel in Santo Domingo booked, (too expensive) but I'll have to wait until I get there to book my passage to Haiti on the bus.

I am in two minds about the whole thing. I am excited to be with my family and to help where ever I can but at the same time I dread it as I know my heart will break at the site of the misery and devastation.

Network connection permitting, I plan on updating this blog every night with fresh information and pictures as things unfold there.

3 comments:

  1. "'Fear not, for I am with you', says the Lord".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong and stay strong Ted. Haiti needs people like you now more than ever.
    God bless.
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete